High Sierra Rider

Janet Titus and Equine Connections

Poster Boy writes back!

I was really surprised after writing a letter to Poster Boy (Saying Goodbye is Never Easy) to find this letter back from him in the comments section. I wanted to make sure everyone read it so I posted it here.
Janet!
_______________________________________________________

Dear Janet,

Thanks for saving my life. I wasn't sure what was going on when I was loaded into that trailer and was scared when I came out in a new place but as soon as you walked up to me I knew you were my friend.

Right from the beginning I trusted you and you were very patient while I learned to understand your language, but sometimes it seemed as though you knew my language and I knew exactly what you were asking me to do. You helped me realize that things are not as scary as they seem.

There were times when I was lonely and I missed the friends I had made in my old home. Now I understand that the world is a lot bigger than I ever knew and there is much more to experience and enjoy. I've made lots of new friends in my new home but you are indeed my best friend of all.

You've allowed me to get back in touch with the habitat I was born in. And I also know the comfort of the ranch where I stay. The tricks you teach me are fun and the workouts you give me are invigorating.

Most of all I enjoy laying down on the hot sand in the warm sun and relaxing with you laying by my side. I never feel closer to you than when you lay on top of me and we sleep for a moment.

There is so much more I want to learn and I'm eager for the next time you come by with that sweet grain you always bring, because I know it means we have something new to try that day.

Thank you so much for your kindness and your unconditional love. You are truly wonderful and I'm blessed to know you.

Love,

Poster Boy

0 comments: