High Sierra Rider

Janet Titus and Equine Connections

I got the one I wanted!



I got the one I wanted, a cremello with blue eyes. There was two hundred to choose from, two hundred ten to be exact. All shapes and colors, ranging from 14 hands to 16 hands, wild and never been worked with by anyone. I looked at the horses over and over again trying to shake the cremello from my mind. Everyone that looked at him said not to get him. Long pasterns crazy eyes, the herd that he came from was not good stock, he was going to go blind, get cancer due to his pink skin under his white coat, but my heart wouldnt let it go I had to have him. I paid 700 for him, it was an auction and the range was from two hundred all the way up 5 thousand I felt good about the price I paid. Not the bottom of the barrel but not top dollar either. I rode a cremello when I was a young girl. He taught me a lot. His name was cloud nine. I will be picking him up on may 13. I can't wait to meet him. I'll have a little over 100 days to get him ready for the supreme extreme musting challage in Texas.

6 comments:

Congratulations! And a big EXC-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-SE ME! To whoever told you that your new cremello came from a herd of bad stock: Calico Mountains horses are THE BEST! My very favorite herd! They tend to be sturdy, well built, colorful, and they have good minds. (My Sparky is from Calico Mountains)

I can't wait to see you at Napa Mustang Days!

 

Niiice janet!!!! What's his name????

 

Great Video Janet!!! And Congratulations!

 

Thanks for sharing that wonderful moment! Having met him now I have to say he's beautiful, certainly sturdy and with a great mind. Congratluations!!

 

You Got Him, You really really got him and he loves you. You have already charmed him as he has you.
You are the master HORSE CHARMER.

You know how to make the mind connection. He is so lucky to have you as you are to have him.

Happy Training,
Love ya, Lucy

 

info on him...love the name!